College basketball daily-11/27/18
The ACC/Big Ten Challenge heats up tonight with some other good games sprinkled in. Here are some to watch:
GAMES OF NATIONAL INTEREST:
1. Indiana at Duke (-15.5) (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) at 9:30 p.m. (ESPN). Duke rolls out its super freshmen tonight at home versus Indiana, who has super frosh Romeo Langford and Juwan Morgan to counter. Now that all the "Duke may go undefeated and beat NBA teams" talk has been rightly vanquished, we can move on with them as a national title contender but not an all-time squad probably. The Dukies should win this one, but again it may not be that easy. I like Duke by 10-15.
2. Va. Tech (-4) at Penn St. (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) at 7 p.m. (ESPN2). Big litmus test here for the Hokies as they travel to play a better-than-expected Nittany Lion squad. I think Va. Tech pulls away due to their guard play, but again this could be a good one.
3. N.C. State at Wisconsin (-5.5) (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) at 9 p.m. (ESPN2). Wisky seems to be revitalized this year with Ethan Happ leading the way. The Wolfpack haven't really played anyone good enough to get a good gauge on how good they are. Although I think Wisky is very improved, I like the Pack to either win this one or cover the spread at least.
4. Nevada (-4) at Loyola (IL) (Mountain West/MVC Challenge) at 8 p.m. (ESPNEWS). The rematch from the NCAA tournament of last year tips off tonight around the more ballyhooed Challenge games between the ACC and Big Ten. Nevada has been great ever since word of their preseason loss to Washington got out. Loyola has suffered a few surprising losses to Furman and Boston College, and this is their best chance to stay relevant this year on the national scene. The crowd should be rocking, but I think Nevada pulls away late and wins by 10 or so.
5. Michigan State (-5) at Louisville (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) at 7:30 p.m. (ESPN). Chris Mack has the Cards playing pretty decent so far this year. The Spartans looked good in Vegas and seem like they should cover this one easily.
Charlotte (+16.5) at Davidson at 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
Illinois (+6.5) at Notre Dame (ACC/Big Ten Challenge) at 7 p.m. (ESPNU)
North Texas (+9) at Oklahoma at 8 p.m. (FS Oklahoma/Fox College Sports-Atlantic)
Other games that could/should be fun to watch:
E. Tennessee State at Ga. Southern at 7 p.m. (ESPN+)
N. Kentucky at Morehead St. at 7:30 p.m. (ESPN+)
Boise State at Drake (Mountain West/MVC Challenge) at 8 p.m. (ESPN+)
S. Illinois at Colorado State (MW/MVC Challenge) at 9 p.m. (Mountain West Network)
Pittsburgh at Iowa (ACC/Big 10 Challenge) at 9 p.m. (ESPNU)
Temple at Missouri at 9 p.m. (SEC Network)
The non-conference heats up tonight with a potentially great night of games tomorrow night. Enjoy!